SIA Education@ISC East Conference
November 14 - 16, 2023
Call for Presentations
May 4 - June 9, 2023
August 11th, 2023
November 14 – 16, 2023
The SIA Education@ISC event team seeks speaker proposals for the SIA Education@ISC East conference program, which will be held on November 14 – 16, 2023 in New York City at the Javits Center.
This three-day educational program delivers high-quality, commercial-free content and business insights into new technologies, solutions, and operational strategies in today's ever expanding and evolving security markets. The conference draws thousands of security and public safety professionals from around the world, with the majority of conferees representing dealers and installers, system integrators, engineers, security consultants, senior management/owners and end-users from various vertical markets.
ISC Expo & Conference attendees can attend the SIA Education@ISC educational program for $100. Attendees may participate in any of the 20 educational sessions and *select pre-conference workshops.
*Additional fees apply to some Tuesday training workshops.
All educational sessions must be commercial-free; presenters are prohibited from marketing products or services through the sessions. Speakers identified on session evaluations as having violated this policy may be banned from future participation.
ISC Events continues to offer opportunities for companies to showcase their products and services to expo and conference attendees through product demonstrations and other “exhibitor presentations” not connected to the SIA Education@ISC program.
Sessions are 45 minutes and the last 15 minutes of each session are dedicated to questions and answers with the audience.
- Lectures are limited to two presenters.
- Panel sessions are limited to three panelists, plus one moderator.
- Due to space limitations on the show floor, workshops may be delivered in meeting rooms off of the show floor and may vary in length from 1.5 hours to 4 hours.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
The deadline for submitting a proposal is June 9th. All proposals must be submitted online at: https://sia.secure-platform.com.
The conference team will consider a maximum of two proposals from any individual or organization. It is incumbent on organizations with interest in submitting multiple proposals to coordinate their efforts. Individual speakers are limited to presenting on two sessions.
If you have presented the proposed session or similar content at other industry events, you may include direct links of your presentation from www.youtube.com, www.dailymotion.com, video.google.com or any other video upload service as part of your submission.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals will be reviewed by the SIA Education@ISC Advisory Board, which will complete the selection process and notify submitters of its decisions starting August 11th, 2023.
Proposals are evaluated based upon:
- Strategic Relevance and Timeliness of Topic
- Innovative and Tactical Focus
- Clarity of Proposal (Alignment of session description, outline and learning objectives)
- Quality of Presenters
Varying weight is given to each criterion. Special consideration is given to sessions that include multiple – possibly competing – perspectives on an issue and that include the end-user perspective, as appropriate. All session proposals geared towards end-users must include at least one end-user.
PRESENTATIONS AND HANDOUTS
- All presentations and handouts for confirmed sessions must be sent to the SIA Education@ISC team for approval by the due date communicated to submitters in their acceptance letters, which will be sent starting August 1st, 2023.
- If presenters incorporate PowerPoint slides as part of a presentation, they must use the approved ISC East 2023 PowerPoint template, which will be provided in the acceptance letters.
- Presenters are encouraged to create one-page handouts that identify the key points of each session and guide attendees on how best to incorporate these lessons on the job.
- All materials submitted by the deadline are made available for download by attendees prior to the conference; copies are not distributed onsite.
If your proposal is accepted, you agree to:
- Meet with the SIA Education@ISC team to ensure that your planned presentation delivers content aligned to your session description and learning objectives. These 20-minute conference calls are typically held 6-8 weeks in advance of the event and include a thorough review of the presentation outline, related handouts, slides and other materials.
- Work cooperatively to refine your presentation and, if necessary, integrate it with other presentations.
- Comply with all deadlines.
- Grant the conference team permission to post presentation materials and handouts on the ISC East website pre- and/or post-event.
- Grant the conference team permission to record your session and make it available for redistribution or resale;
- Cover all of your costs, including travel and lodging. Delivering a session at ISC East is done on a voluntary, unpaid basis.
- Warrant that the ownership rights, including all copyrights, for the materials used in your presentation are owned by you, or that the rights to use and reproduce the materials have been lawfully obtained.
- Comply with antitrust laws in the preparation and presentation of your materials.
Slots are limited and the selection process is highly competitive.
Special consideration will be given to ISC East 2023 exhibitors.